Spark Aligner Care
One of the main oral hygiene goals during orthodontic treatment is to reduce the amount of bacteria that is trapped on and between the teeth to help prevent decay and one of the greatest benefits of Spark Clear Aligner treatment is having the ability to remove aligners to brush and floss your teeth. As a patient using clear aligners, you can maintain excellent hygiene habits and this will have a positive impact on the success of your orthodontic treatment.
At Mibab Orthodontics, we recommend the following tips to help keep your Spark aligners clean and clear throughout your orthodontic treatment.
- Rinse your aligners with cool water every time you remove them from your mouth. This will help prevent the buildup of dried saliva which is a source of bacteria and can cause a cloudiness in your aligners.
- Don’t use hot water to clean or rinse your aligners. The material composition of Spark Clear Aligners is delicate and susceptible to damage from high temperatures.
- Don’t use toothpaste to clean aligners. Toothpaste tends to be abrasive and this will scratch the finish on your aligners causing them to appear cloudy.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently remove any food particles or saliva from your aligners.
- Avoid soaking your aligners in mouthwash as this can discolor the material.
- Always place clean aligners on clean teeth. If you are unable to brush your teeth, rinse your mouth with water after you eat to remove food particles. Aligners work better when they fit properly on clean teeth.
Since one of the main benefits of clear aligner therapy is to straighten your teeth discreetly, following the tips above will help you keep your Spark aligners clear and clean throughout treatment.